Programs and Workshops
Carol offers a variety of programs and workshops for your guild, retreat, or private group. Email Carol (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss her availability to visit your group via Zoom or in person as circumstances permit.
PROGRAMS (fees are listed at the bottom of this page)
- Confessions of an Absent-Minded Quilter
- Practical Color Theory for Quilters
- Dyes and Paints and Inks! Oh My!
- Art and Nature, a Colorful Collaboration
WORKSHOPS (fees are listed at the bottom of this page)
- Fabric Postcards - This has been Carol's most popular workshop for several years. These colorful little pieces are fun to create, they're quick, and they make great gifts. Plus, they're a standard size, so they can be easily and inexpensively framed! Carol has three different postcard collections from which to choose (pattern purchase is required for the workshop). And, as a bonus, if you give Carol enough advance notice, she will design a couple of original postcards just for your group! Class duration is typically five to six hours.
- Free-Motion Thread Painting on a Photograph - Carol uses a variety of free-motion stitching techniques to enhance the colors and provide texture to her photo. She provides a photo that has been professionally printed on fabric (nominal fee). This workshop is a perfect way to gain confidence with free-motion techniques! The resulting "embroidered" piece is lovely enough to frame! Class duration is typically four hours.
- Painting on Fabric with Ink - Carol will provide a selection of line drawings (such as a bee or a butterfly) and show you how to paint it with inks. She'll show you techniques that will simplify the process and make it easy to create a beautiful painted piece. You can use it by itself, or as a part of a larger painting, or cut it out and fuse to another piece of fabric. Class duration is typically four hours. There will be a small supply fee if the workshop is conducted in person because Carol will bring inks and fabric.
- The Big Picture - In this two-day workshop, Carol will teach you how to transform your original photo or drawing into a fusible applique pictorial quilt. Carol has taught this technique for many years, and you might have seen some of her quilts that utilize this method. The subject matter is unlimited--butterflies, flowers, dogs, cats, cars, airplanes--these are just a few of the subjects that her students have captured in their one-of-a-kind quilts! Pictured below are some of Carol's pictorial quilts. This workshop is two days, typically six hours per day.
PRICING (via Zoom or in person)
- Programs: $400.
- Workshops: Pricing for guilds is $400 for a three to four hour workshop, $500 for five to six hour workshop, and $900 for Carol's two-day workshop, The Big Picture. Adjustments in the workshop durations and pricing structure may be made due to time restrictions or the particular needs of your guild. Please contact Carol for specifics. If you wish to have Carol teach for your small group or a retreat group, she will be happy to discuss your needs and determine a per person fee.
- Travel expenses: If Carol is visiting your guild in person, travel expenses and lodging will be paid by the guild.
Email Carol for more information: email@example.com