Programs and Workshops
Carol offers a variety of programs and workshops for your guild, retreat, or private group. Email Carol (email@example.com) to discuss her availability to visit your group.
PROGRAMS (information about fees is at the bottom of this page)
Confessions of an Absent-Minded Quilter
Carol will share her quilting history, her somewhat eccentric tendencies, and her various techniques and projects in this lively presentation.
Exaggerated Pointillism: My Love Affair With Circular Shapes
In this presentation, Carol explains how she became interested in using circular shapes, and how she uses them to create images that are both pictorial and abstract.
Practical Color Theory for Quilters
Don't be intimidated about selecting colors! Let Carol show you how to use several down-to-earth methods for creating successful color combinations.
Art and Nature, a Colorful Collaboration
This program was developed at the request of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas and the Fort Worth Garden Club. Carol discusses how her own interest in nature and gardening has influenced her quilting life.
WORKSHOPS (information about fees is at the bottom of this page)
- Fabric Postcards - These colorful little pieces are fun to create, they're quick, and they make great gifts. Plus, they're a standard size, so they can be easily and inexpensively framed! Carol has three different postcard collections from which to choose (pattern purchase is required for the workshop). Class duration is typically five to six hours.
- Hippy Dippy Dotty Collage - Join Carol for this fun, fused project! We’ll experiment with positive and negative shapes while playing with color and design elements. The class project is a wall hanging measuring approximately 20” x 27” (up to 20” x 36”). Carol will offer suggestions for several ways to use these fused collages. She will also give you a free pattern for a mini journal cover that you can make later from a small fabric collage. Carol will bring her die cutters and a variety of circle dies for you to use. No sewing machine is required unless you wish to work on the mini journal cover during the class.
- Free-Motion Thread Painting on a Photograph - Carol uses a variety of free-motion stitching techniques to enhance the colors and provide texture to her photo. She provides a photo that has been professionally printed on fabric (nominal fee). This workshop is a perfect way to gain confidence with free-motion techniques! The resulting "embroidered" piece is lovely enough to frame! Class duration is typically four hours.
- The Big Picture - In this two to three day workshop, Carol will teach you how to transform your original photo or drawing into a fused applique pictorial quilt. Carol has taught this technique for many years, and you might have seen some of her quilts that utilize this method. The subject matter is unlimited--butterflies, flowers, dogs, cats, cars, airplanes--these are just a few of the subjects that her students have captured in their one-of-a-kind quilts! Pictured below are some of Carol's pictorial quilts. This workshop is two to three days, typically six hours per day.
- Programs: $500 and up depending on factors such as travel time and the number of events scheduled.
- Workshops: Group prices for workshops range from $500 to $650 per day depending on various factors such as travel time, how many events are scheduled, etc. (maximum workshop duration per day is six hours). Changes in the workshop durations may be adjusted to the particular needs of your group. Please contact Carol for specifics. If you wish to have Carol teach for your small group or a retreat group, she will be happy to discuss your needs and determine a per person or flat fee.
- Travel expenses: If Carol is visiting your guild in person, travel expenses and lodging will be paid by the guild.
Email Carol for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org